Ordering Mailing Services
Questions & Answers
- How do I order mailing services?
- What does your mailing services include?
- What is CASS certification?
- I have a CASS certified list. Why are you still charging me for the service?
- What happens if I include incorrect addresses in my mailing list?
- How do I know which postage rate to select?
- What is the difference between first class and presort standard?
- I have 250 postcards that I want mailed. Can I use your mailing services?
- I want to mail my extras. Can I just deliver them to my local Post Office?
- What city is my mail being mailed from?
- I am a for-profit company. Can I mail from a city other than Oakland?
- Do you print labels on postcards or envelopes?
- What are your tabbing requirements?
- I want to use my non-profit indicia. Can I still use your mailing services?
- I have a non-profit. Will I be able to get a non-profit rate?
- How many additional days to my print order do I need to add for your mailing service?
- Can I buy a list from PsPrint?
- There are more names on my list than I'm ordering. How do you decide who on the list gets mailed to?
- How do I know you actually mailed my postcards?
- I want to mail a brochure and letter. Can you insert these pieces into an envelope?
- Can you inkjet my names in a fancy typeface?
- Can I order Economy Postcards with mailing services?
- I want rounded corners on my postcard. Can I order Die Cut Premium Flyers with mailing services?
- How do I request a quote for booklets, newsletters, or other atypical mailing projects?
| Q | How do I order mailing services?
You can order mailing services by following our ordering process:
- When creating your printed product, you should ensure that your design meets postal guidelines and includes the appropriate indicia (bulk mail permit box) by downloading the appropriate product template. Note: you should consider these guidelines before submitting the final artwork for your printing job to avoid additional charges.
- Email a low resolution PDF file that contains your artwork to Mailhouse@psprint.com. We will review your design and confirm that we can mail it. Please include a phone number in your email in case we need to contact you via telephone.
- Receive a price quote for mailing services using our Instant Quote module on the postcard page, brochure page, booklets page, newsletter page, greeting card page. Once you’ve selected your printing and turnaround options, click the “Continue” button to be given Mailing Service pricing. Select the service and postage option that best meets your needs.
- Upload your approved design, select your artwork, approve and send to press.
- Upload your mail list, select your mail list, and approve to be used with a specific job.
- Please indicate via email or posted note on the order if you would like to ship or recycle any overruns once the mailing is complete. Please note that extra handling and shipping fees may apply for returning overruns.
| Q | What does your mailing services include?
Our mailing services includes actual postage cost, processing your list, removing any duplicates, CASS certification, ink-jetting addresses onto your mailing pieces, packing them into trays, and delivery to the post office.
| Q | What is CASS certification?
Coding Accuracy Support System is offered to improve the accuracy of address matching. CASS software will diagnose and correct any problems to ensure that each delivery point is correct. This ensures that you do not pay to mail to invalid addresses.
| Q | I have a CASS certified list. Why are you still charging me for the service?
When we perform the data processing we have to generate a CASS report to validate each address for the Post Office. CASS certification is only good for 90 days.
| Q | What happens if I include incorrect addresses in my mailing list?
If the addresses are recognized as incorrect by the CASS report, they are corrected or removed.
| Q | How do I know which postage rate to select?
Presorted First Class
4" x 6" postcards are ALWAYS mailed using Presorted First Class because they receive a lower rate than regular mail. They are usually delivered between 1-3 days in California and throughout the West Coast, and 3-5 days nationally. We cannot guarantee delivery times for the Post Office.
5" x 7", 5" x 8", 6" x 9", and 6" x 11" postcards as well as 8.5" x 11", 8.5" x 14", and 11" x 17" brochures can be sent using First Class Mail. This service is the fastest offered within discount mail and pricing depends on the exact piece you wish to mail. If you need your piece delivered by a certain date, choose Presorted First Class; if your piece can be delivered anytime within 1-3 weeks, choose the Presorted Standard rate.
Presorted Standard (bulk mail)
Presorted Standard Mail usually takes 5-21 days to reach customers. A minimum of 500 pieces must be mailed and pieces can weigh up to 3.5 ounces each.
| Q | What is the difference between first class and presort standard?
| Q | I have 250 postcards that I want mailed. Can I use your mailing services?
Unfortunately PsPrint does not mail postcards in quantities of less than 500 pieces. If less than 500 pieces are mailed, you will still be charged the mailing services fee for 500 pieces.
| Q | I want to mail my extras. Can I just deliver them to my local Post Office?
You may mail any extras by placing a stamp over the indicia. The United States Postal Service will not accept a mailing with the indicia serving as postage from anyone who is not an agent of PsPrint.
| Q | What city is my mail being mailed from?
Oakland , California
| Q | I am a for-profit company. Can I mail from a city other than Oakland?
Unfortunately PsPrint does not mail jobs with presorted postage rates from a city other than Oakland, CA.
| Q | Do you print labels on postcards or envelopes?
As a rule, we do not print labels on postcards or envelopes. Instead we ink-jet print the addresses directly onto the mailing pieces. While we can provide this service in necessary cases, there is an additional per piece cost of $0.25.
| Q | What are your tabbing requirements?
Any folded mailing piece must be tabbed (price included). Depending on the opening of the piece, it will require one or two tabs. Please make sure to design your piece so that the opening is on the top of the mailer. This way, it will only require one tab and will qualify for the automation rate we charge, avoiding additional postage charges.
| Q | I want to use my non-profit indicia. Can I still use your mailing services?
PsPrint allows certain non-profits to use their own indicia only when they reside in cities near Oakland. Examples include San Francisco, Orinda, San Leandro, Berkeley, and El Cerrito. There is an additional $35 fee charged for the pieces to be dropped outside of Oakland.
Please email Mailhouse@psprint.com for more information on nonprofit mailings.
| Q | I have a non-profit. Will I be able to get a non-profit rate?
You can only get a non-profit rate if you apply for non-profit status at the post office where you will be dropping off the mailing. You can get additional drop off locations, but that needs to be handled through the permit issuing department at the post office where you will be dropping off the mailing.
| Q | How many additional days to my print order do I need to add for your mailing service?
Please add 2-5 days after your order is printed. We do not start counting days until your print order is complete.
| Q | Can I buy a list from PsPrint?
Yes. You can license during the ordering process or after you have placed your order.
| Q | There are more names on my list than I'm ordering. How do you decide who on the list gets mailed to?
By default, if there are more names on your list than pieces ordered we will start at the top of your list and mail to all names until we run out of pieces or names, whichever comes first. Since we often run extra cards to ensure there are enough after potential production or processing errors, you will be charged postage and mailing service fees for any pieces mailed over the amount you paid for initially, but not for the printing of these extra cards.
You are also free to give us instructions on how you'd like the mailing run at the time you submit your mailing list. We can cut it off at the number you ordered exactly, regardless of overprints, take randomly from the list to get the right number, etc. You need to provide clear instruction and communicate this with the mailing services coordinator at the onset of your order.
| Q | How do I know you actually mailed my postcards?
Verification from the United States Postal Service is available upon request.
We also recommend that you place your name and several friend's names and addresses in your mailing list for verification.
| Q | I want to mail a brochure and letter. Can you insert these pieces into an envelope?
We can insert mail pieces into an envelope for an additional charge of $0.03 per insert. So if you have (3) additional pieces it will cost you $0.09 per piece in addition to the normal mailing charge.
| Q | Can you inkjet my names in a fancy typeface?
In order to receive an automated rate (lower postage rate) the Post Office has very clear guidelines. They will not accept any addressing that includes italics or fancy fonts. Names and addresses are printed in capital letters in a plain font face.
| Q | Can I order Economy Postcards with mailing services?
Unfortunately at this time, PsPrint does not offer mailing services on our short run or economy products due to the low quantities.
| Q | I want rounded corners on my postcard. Can I order Die Cut Premium Flyers with mailing services?
The United States Postal Service guidelines are very strict and do not allow for rounded corners or any shape other than a rectangle with straight edges to be mailed at discounted postage rates.
| Q | How do I request a quote for custom mailing campaigns?
EMail all of the printing and mailing specifications of your job to Mailhouse@psprint.com. Our mailing service coordinator will research the postage and fees involved and email back a comprehensive printing and mailing quote. These orders cannot be placed online and must be placed through the mailing services staff.