| Foil Stamping |
If you want your printed piece to really shine, add a foil stamp! Foil stamping is a great way to add a custom touch to your printed product by applying a thin film of metal to paper that creates elegant, eye-catching results.
You will need a foil die: An additional one-time fee of $100 is charged for the foil die up to 7 inches, and $5 for each additional square inch. Plus, an additional $30 is charged per 1,000 pieces, up to 7 inches for standard foil. For larger pieces or special foils, please email PsPrint's die specialist at email@example.com for a custom quote.
Combining foil stamping and die cutting: An additional charge will apply if foil stamping is combined with die cutting for two colors or other special needs that require additional die cutting. The additional cost will be a $40 setup fee and $20 per 1,000 pieces. If there are multiple colors of foil used in the design, the charges will be applied for each color.
Foil Stamp Printing Guidelines
In order to ensure the best quality for your foil stamp project, you should follow these requirements. You will need to upload:
- A print file to the site and attach it to the order, following all of our normal guidelines.
- A vector file showing only the foil as solid shapes (we will require a different file for each color of foil), and this should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for the price quote/die creation.
- A FPO file showing the foil superimposed on top of the print file, uploaded to the account for reference but not attached.
- Foil stamping can add two business days on top of ordered turnaround.
- Registration between the foil and the ink cannot be any less than 1/16"; anything closer than 1/8" requires pre-approval of the die-cutting department.
- Follow the application-specific file preparation instructions in our help center.
- Failure to follow these instructions will result in your job being delayed.