- A z-fold brochure—also known as a fan fold or zig zag fold brochure—is constructed by folding an 8.5” x 11”, 8.5” x 14”, 11” x 17” or 11” x 25.5” sheet of paper twice in the shape of the letter “Z”.
- A z-fold brochure looks like a fan because the panels do not fold into one another.
Z-Fold Brochure Panels & Pages
- Panels are two-sided sections of the final printed brochure, and a z-fold brochure has three panels.
- A page is one side of a brochure panel, and a z-fold brochure has six pages.
- For z-fold brochures, the outside left panel folds to the left and the inside right panel folds to the left, forming the brochure cover.